REASON #1. Give up when things get tough.
Why do you give up? Most people give up because they don’t believe they have what it takes to succeed.
But I wonder if they’d still feel like this when they have the full support they need?
I hear this line so often, “I’m not used to asking for help…”
When most people hit a road block, they stay focused on the blockade, rather than reaching out to people who can show them how to bash through it. So many people prefer to struggle alone and fail, rather than seeking support, because it’s “just the way they are”.
The 2 highest quality questions you should be asking yourself when things get tough are;
- How can I grow in this area so that I can best overcome this challenge?
- Who can I ask to help me with this growth?
The 2 highest quality actions you can take when things get tough are;
- Let go of your ego (just a tiny bit)
- Gather your own support squad or join a community of people on the same mission as you!
REASON #2. Be overly critical of self
In the beginning, people should suck at things. It’s a simple fact of life that we so easily forget. No-one ever picked up a guitar for the first time and played a song that didn’t cause listeners to cover their ears. So why are do so many people, especially women, hide from this fact and be so harsh on themselves for not being perfect? We must do something consistently, before we earn the right to be competent and skilled at it.
This is the same with fitness. In the beginning you won’t know anything, or have good technique, or be fit and strong etc. But that’s expected. The faster you commit to developing the skills, the faster you won’t suck at fitness. And guess what? The better you are at something, the more you enjoy it!
The 3 highest quality actions you can take when you suck at something that you want to be good at;
- Get started.
- Do it consistently, build competence.
- Only compare yourself to who were yesterday. Let other people have their own journey.
REASON #3. Holding themselves back with an unworthy story
I’m not sporty. I was always the chubby one. I’m lazy. I’m not a morning person…etc etc. What’s your excuse?
Everyone has their reason why they keep failing at fitness. But what if they changed their story? What if they chose to become the sporty one, or the energetic one, or the morning person? It’s a choice, but so many people pretend that their story is a life sentence that they didn’t choose.
The 2 highest quality actions you can take when you have a story that’s holding you back;
- Make a choice. Let go of the story that’s holding you back.
- Create a new story that helps you meet your goals. Eg. I am being sporty every time I train.
REASON #4. Not taking feedback
Feedback is a rare gift. It’s fuel for growth and progress. Unfortunately, most women see it as criticism and tend to avoid it. They also avoid giving (honest) feedback, because they are overly concerned about how it will be received.
However, without genuine feedback, we can’t grow as individuals or as a team. Successful people all over the world seek out feedback and pay millions of dollars for it! Many say, “it’s the difference that make a difference”.
The 3 highest quality actions you can do to make the most of good feedback
- Seek out feedback from people that have the results you want and be grateful for receiving it.
- Be curious about ALL feedback. Never dismiss it because it’s painful. There’s a lesson to be learned somewhere.
- Give honest feedback more readily to others with the intention of helping them grow.
REASON #5. Not looking at the big picture
Weight loss can be great, even exciting at first. But the thrills of wearing a new dress size will wear off fast. The big picture is all about long term results. Women who aren’t in it for the long-term end up on the fitness fad and weight gain roller coaster. Fitness is a lifestyle, not a short-term project. It can’t be achieved and then ticked off the list. Being fit must be sustainable.
The 2 highest quality actions you can do to focus on the big picture:
- Learn about your body, how it moves and what it needs so that you can live ‘fit’ everyday
- Create daily habits that are sustainable and support your health and fitness goals
If you’d like to find out what’s holding you back and learn how you can shift your mindset to speed up results, book a complimentary discovery call TODAY!