Studio Health & Safety
The Fitness Partnership
With re-opening the studio comes a responsibility to our members and our community to help keep everyone safe and well. So, in alignment with the Fitness Australia framework, public health and Safe Work Australia recommendations, we’ve put together comprehensive guidelines and procedures for The Fitness Partnership and studio.
The new procedures we’ve put in place are designed to address each of the 4 key recommendations:
1) Physical distancing
2) Good hygiene & cleanliness
3) Staying away if unwell
4) Contact tracing
Here’s what we’re doing:
- Following a comprehensive Covid-Safe Plan which all our staff are trained on.
- Masks will be worn at all times by our trainers.
- Ensuring physical distancing in sessions.
- Capping numbers in the studio to 4-6 members (plus a trainer).
- Capping outdoor groups to 10 members.
- Holding more sessions (or parts of sessions) outdoors.
- Holding all seminars & events online.
- Planning programs that minimise contact between members and the sharing of equipment wherever possible.
- Cleaning all studio equipment before and after sessions.
- Providing a fully stocked cleaning station with disinfectant, sprays and wipes as well as hand washing facilities.
- Frequent and thorough cleans of the studio space, equipment and high-touch areas (e.g. door handles and sink area).
- Providing hand sanitiser in the studio and for outdoor sessions.
- Keeping accurate attendance data for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Continuing with suspension of ‘high contact’ and face-to-face activities such as boxing.
- Removing communal items such as towels and water glasses.
What we ask of all our Members:
- Please wear a clean face mask to each session and only remove this when exercising.
- Please wait outside before your session and socially distance from others until you’re invited into the studio by the trainer to ensure we stick to capped numbers.
- Please wash your hands with soap for a minimum of 20 seconds on entering and leaving the studio (or use the provided hand santiser for outdoor sessions).
- Please ensure you book in for your session on Mindbody and sign in with the trainer when you arrive so we can log attendance
- Please keep equipment handling to a minimum and wipe down any equipment you’ve used at the end of each session with the cleaning products provided.
- Please bring your own clean towel to each session.
- Please bring your own water bottle to each session.
- If possible, please don’t bring mobile phones or personal belongings into the studio or to outdoor sessions. If you need to, leave them in the designated area and don’t touch them during sessions.
- IMPORTANT: Please stay away from the studio if you’re unwell, have been in contact with anyone with covid-19 symptoms (even if you’ve tested negative) or have been advised by health authorities to self-isolate.
Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation!